This is an easy to make facial mask that will help rejuvenate your skin and deep clean your pores. For maximum benefit apply shortly after taking a hot shower.
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- ½ tablespoon seaweed powder
- 1/2 tablespoon activated charcoal
- ~3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or water if you have sensitive skin)
don’t use metal bowls or instruments to make this mask.
Mix the 3 powders together in a glass or plastic bowl.
Add the apple cider vinegar and mix it until it forms a paste.
If the paste is too thin add more bentonite clay.
If it is too thick add more apple cider vinegar (or water).
Apply generously to your face. This recipe makes enough to apply to your face and your neck down to your decoultage.
Let sit for 10-20 minutes and then wash off. The longer you leave it on, the more redness it will cause. This redness is superficial and should wear off in 1-2 hours.
Do this once weekly.
This will raise acne to the surface, so make sure that if you have an event, to do this ahead of time (instead of the day before).
Apply moisturizer afterwards and make sure to wear sunblock if it is sunny.
What the ingredients do:
- Bentonite clay is a powerful astringent that helps open up pores and cleans them out.
- Seaweed contains plenty of vitamin e and amino acids which helps preserve moisture in your skin.
- The activated charcoal binds to anything that the bentonite clay misses.
Links for the ingredients:
These are links to the ingredients I used. I am pretty brand agnostic, but these are a solid choice. I am not sponsored by any of these companies.
For the vinegar I use store brand from my local grocery store.
If you want to learn more or schedule an appointment please call or text 206.313.1293, schedule online!